Ultrascale orders

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
tommallard

Ultrascale orders

Postby tommallard » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:12 am

Dear All,

please consider checking your spam folders for updates on Ultrascale orders... Important order updates had recently been put here and were only bought to my attention after I was warned that the order was cancelled (this message did arrive in my inbox). Fortunately David Rogers of Ultrascale understood the situation and the order is continuing unhindered.

So - checking your spam folders periodically is the lesson.

Best regards

Tom

stevemcclary

Re: Ultrascale orders

Postby stevemcclary » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 pm

I had an identical experience last week when I received an order cancelled notification from Ultrascale.

When I queried the reason, David Rogers indicated that he had sent two messages asking whether I wanted to proceed with the order within the last two weeks, and as there had been no reply, had cancelled the order.

A check of my spam fold did not find either of the two missing messages. However, I have received the request to proceed message from previous orders. I am wondering whether the gmail spam filter is more agressive than it used to be -I don't seem to get anywhere near the number of spam messages as I used to.

Steve

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 am

There can be issues with some mail servers not being able to send to gmail full stop, due to Google's attitudes towards non "secure" websites. (The same sort of problem as you get trying to view a http:// website in Chrome, rather than a https:// one.)

So it might be that the emails to you never arrived as they were bounced back. Odd though that Ultrascale didn't spot this.

Best wishes

Neil

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:13 am

Nothing in my spam, so hopefully my orders are ok
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 pm

Another 10 months' wait, then
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm

Horsetan wrote:Another 10 months' wait, then

I think it would be more helpful to realise that the manufacturer is a one man band & works long hours. Hand made products of high quality take time to make.

Philip

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am

Philip Hall wrote:
Horsetan wrote:Another 10 months' wait, then

I think it would be more helpful to realise that the manufacturer is a one man band ....

I think everybody already knows this. It must be galling, though, to lose your place in the queue simply because you didn't receive an e-mail or two....
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:53 am

The manufacturer has no control over the customers' email systems not delivering messages. Quite clearly when the problem is brought to Ultrascale's attention they have sorted things out. No question of being put back to the end of a queue, that's not the way that Ultrascale deal with people.

Philip

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 am

Philip Hall wrote:The manufacturer has no control over the customers' email systems not delivering messages. .....

Not quite... It may be lack of knowledge on the sender, but there are changes in email systems which will lead to a greater or lesser chance of emails being delivered. Trouble is, it is horribly tech-head stuff, and probably beyond most end-users to comprehend what is needed.

I've had to setup several organisation's domain settings to include some authentication of email, to reduce/avoid the risk of either out-right rejection, or lower the risk of categorisation as spam. Those who have their own small domains are likely to need to make some changes.

tommallard

Postby tommallard » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 am

Just to reiterate, the order I placed is unaffected. No waiting for another 10 months or whatever.

The message of cancellation by Ultrascale was intended to precipitate a converstation and it worked. That the previous status updates had ended up in my spam folder was unexpected and obviously unintentional.

What surprises me the most is that I haven't had issues with Ultrascale updates ending up in the wrong place in the past - hence leading me to make my suggestion to their customers.

Best regards

Tom

kelham

Postby kelham » Fri May 03, 2024 10:06 am

As Neil says there can be problems for people with Gmail addresses with posts from organisations with their own domain. As has already been said this is due to head exploding techie stuff – specifically SPF and DKIM – which has to be fixed by the sender, who may well consider life is too short.

Rule 1: regularly check your Spam folder...

Richard

Return to “Product Information”